If you’re looking for a way to root your Samsung Galaxy A50s without using TWRP, then this blog post is perfect for you. In this tutorial, I will show you how you can Root Galaxy A50s smartphone with Magisk. You will need ADB and a computer with Android SDK installed on it. The process is easy and can be done within minutes!
It’s not that complicated but it does require some steps so please read carefully!
What are we waiting for? Let’s get started!
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specification
Hey, Samsung freaks! Have you got the news of Samsung’s most recent Galaxy Alpha series smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy A50S! It was launched a few months almost globally, like on September 2K20, the pandemic term. Now It’s available on practically every offline store, as well as the online ones like Flipkart and Amazon. The best thing about this Alpha series smartphone is its 3D Prism Design and the powerful Exynos 9 Series octa-core processor. You’ll undoubtedly love this beast!
Samsung A50S is one of the most influential Alpha smartphones in the entire series since it contains all the highly beneficial features and embeddings that you won’t get in any such ranged smartphone! First of all, the Smartphone offers you the 3D Prism Back Panel design that’ll inscribe a feather in your cap. Moreover, It’s embedded with the 16.21 cm (6.4) FHD+ sAMOLED Infinity-U display, protected by Gorilla Glass 3 to enrich your visual experience.
Getting off the design and display, Samsung A50S also includes the Triple Rear Camera setup, featuring the best adjustment of 48 MP primary camera, an 8 MP ultra-wide camera, and a 5 MP depth camera! After having this setup, one can capture stunning pictures, even wide-angles! Excepting that all, it’s also installed with a 32MP Front-Facing U-Shaped Camera with Live Focus and Beauty Mode!
Within a brilliant Camera Setup, the device is also established with dazzling performance enhancements! Samsung A50S offers you the power of Exynos 9 Series octa-core processor, with a maximum clock speed of 2.3GHz! And for handling this beast processor and consequently offering you long-lasting life, Samsung A50S also features a 4000mAH battery with 15W fast-charging support. It’s an ultimate choice in-between all the same price-range Samsung Alpha Smartphones. It offers three different colors, Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, and Prism Crush Violet, holding two configurations, 4GB/128GB and 6GB/128GB, starting from 14,999.00 INR!
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s
Below I have shown step by step procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy A50s. You have to follow every step carefully, or else you may face trouble booting up your device again.
Please read the complete guide before applying the steps. This will avoid confusion.
Things to remember
- Make sure to disable all security Locks on your Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- Take Full Backup of your Android device.
- You need a PC to perform the Commands.
- Fully charge your phone.
- Samsung Galaxy A50s Original USB Cable.
Note: Rooting is a complex process, so if you miss any of the below steps will end up bricking your device. So, make sure to follow all the steps carefully as shown.
We are not responsible for any loss and damage to your device. Apply the below steps with your own risk.
In any steps, if the particular file is asked you to download, then you can come here and download it. We will update the links according to the latest build by developers.
- Download Magisk App (Latest Version) [Phone]
- Samsung USB Drivers (Optional) – Download [PC]
- Odin Flash Tool (Latest) – Download [PC]
- 7Zip-ZS (Latest) – Download [Install it]
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A50s
- First, we need to enable Developer Options on Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- Go to “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the screen and select “About phone.”
- Next, select “Software information.”
- Tap on the “Build number” 5-6 times.
- Enter your phone’s lock screen PIN/Password/Pattern if prompted.
- You will now see the
"Developer mode has been enabled!"toast message on the screen.
- The next thing we need to enable is the OEM unlocking option on Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- Now we are ready to Unlock Bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- First, power off your Samsung Galaxy A50s smartphone.
- Connect your phone to the PC while holding the Volume Down and Volume Up keys together until you see the bootloader screen.
- Now press Volume Up key to enter “Device unlock mode.”
- Again press Volume Up key to confirm Bootloader Unlocking on Samsung Galaxy A50s.
- Your device Bootloader is unlocked, and it should reboot automatically.
You can proceed to further steps.
Step 2: Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A50s
- Download Latest Frija Tool.
- Extract the zip file to your windows desktop.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the
frija.exefile to launch the tool.
- We need two things, first your phone’s model number and second, and CSC/regional code.
- You can get your phone model number by going to Settings → About phone.
- To view the CSC code, you can download “Phone Info SAM“ app.
- Once you have the above information, enter the required data in the Frija tool.
- Finally, click on the Download button.
Step 3: Extract AP Firmware file from Samsung Galaxy A50s Stock Firmware
- Once you have downloaded the firmware package, extract it.
- Now open the extracted folder, you will see firmware files in
- Connect Samsung Galaxy A50s device to your PC/Laptop.
- Next, copy only the “AP firmware” file from your PC and paste it into your phone’s internal storage.
Step 4: Install Magisk App on Samsung Galaxy A50s
- Download and Install Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the Magisk app from the app drawer.
- Now tap on the “INSTALL” button.
- Now here tap on the “Select and Patch a File.”
- Please navigate to the place where you transferred the AP firmware file and select it.
- Once the file is selected, tap on “LET’S GO.”
- Wait until Magisk patches the AP firmware.
- The patched
magisk_patched.imgfile can be found in the “Downloads folder.”
- Copy the Magisk patched image to the PC and rename it to boot.img.
- Next, we have to convert the patched .img file to .tar format.
- Right-click on the
boot.imgfile, hover into 7Zip, and select “Add to archive.”
- Select the Archive format to tar and tap on ok.
- Right-click on the
- You can find the converted boot.tar file inside the same folder.
- Let’s proceed to the next step.
Step 5: Boot your Samsung Galaxy A50s into Download Mode
- First, power off your Samsung Galaxy A50s device.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC while holding the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together.
- You will now see the Bootloader screen.
- Now press Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
Step 6: Replace the phone’s current boot image with Magisk patched image
- Now extract the Odin flash tool zip package to your windows desktop. (Link is in download section)
- Open the extracted folder and double click on the “Odin3 v3.14.4.exe” file.
- Connect your galaxy device to PC if not already.
- You will see
ID:COMsection light up blue. It means the PC successfully recognizes your phone.
- Now click on “BL” and select the “BL” firmware file. (You will find it inside the extracted stock firmware folder.)
- Repeat the step above step for “AP (Select boot.tar file),” “CP,” “CSC” firmware files.
- Once all firmware files are loaded to the Odin tool.
- Head over to the “Options” tab and untick the Auto Reboot option.
- Once done finally, click “Start” to begin the flashing process.
- If the flashing is successful, you should see the PASS message on the Odin screen.
- Once the process completes, press the Volume Down + Power keys to exit Download mode.
- As soon as the screen goes black press the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys to boot into Recovery mode.
- Now once the Galaxy A51 boots into stock recovery mode follow the below steps.
- Go to Wipe data/factory reset. (Use Volume keys to navigate between the options and Power key to select an option.)
- Select “Factory data reset.”
- Once done select “Reboot system now.”
- The first boot will take some time.
- That’s it! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy A50s using Magisk.
You can verify if your rooted Samsung Galaxy A50s passes SafetyNet by pressing the “Check SafetyNet” button in Magisk App.
Now that your device has successfully gained root access, you can try out amazing Magisk Modules and Xposed Framework on your Galaxy device. There are many helpful modules available you must try if you have rooted your smartphone.
Here are the few recommended Magisk Modules you must try:
- YouTube Vanced Magisk Module
- Smali Patcher Magisk Module
- Camera2API Enabler Magisk Module
- CloudflareDNS4Magisk Magisk Module
Wrapping Up –
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy A50s. This process should work on any model of the device, but it is always best to check before beginning if you are not sure.
If for some reason this guide does not work, or if you have any questions about anything along the way, please let us know in the comments and we will try our best to help out with a solution as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for reading—we hope that this rooting guide has been helpful in getting started and unlocking all of the potentials from your phone!