Do you want to customize your android like a pro? if yes then this guide is for you. In this comprehensive guide, I will show you step by step procedure to Root Realme Narzo 20 and Narzo 20 Pro.
As you know that Realme unveiled the latest Narzo 20 series, in this series you will see three variants Realme Narzo 20, Narzo 20 Pro, Narzo 20A. For this guide, I will show you how you can Root Realme Narzo 20 and Narzo 20 Pro.
If you own Narzo 20A and want to root it then you can follow this guide on how to Root Realme Narzo 20A.
We are going to root this device using Magisk. The method is very simple and straightforward, you just have to follow the shown steps carefully and you will be able to Root Realme Narzo 20 without any issue.
If are not aware of the rooting process then let me tell you that for rooting an android device we need to follow three steps. The first step is to Unlock the Bootloader on Realme Narzo 20 Pro, once we unlock the bootloader the next step is to install a custom recovery to flash files on to our android device and the final step is to Root our phone using Magisk. Now without following these steps we can’t root our phone.
The reason why we are using magisk over other methods is because of its universal support and SafetyNet bypass feature. Magisk is one the safest way to root android. For detailed information, you check this link – Magisk
About Realme Narzo 20 Pro
Realme is well known for manufacturing powerful smartphones with high-end performance and artistic designs. So today on 21 Sep 2020, Realme has launched the most-advanced gaming phone in the Narzo series – Narzo 20 Pro.
Basically, this phone is prepared for filling your life with immersive performance and fast-charging, and that’s why it comes with the Helio G95 gaming processor and as well as the 65W Superdart charging support.
Realme never compromised on the design of the phones in any of its manufactured masterpieces as they have manufactured over 20 different design smartphones.
Here the Realme Narzo 20 Pro comes with 6.5 inches larger display with the IPS LCD touchscreen and the Corning Gorilla Glass support and unique coating on the rear side. Moreover, you can stream full HD videos and movies in this smartphone as it features 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution.
Realme was the first brand for taking the Helio P60 and Helio G80 powerful gaming processors in India. The Narzo 20 pro is the most powerful superhero of the complete Realme Narzo universe.
It’s featured with the latest designed gaming processor – Helio G95 which basically provides robust gaming performance. Camera-wise, Realme Narzo 20 Pro comes with a 48MP quad-camera setup having immense versatile features that’ll amaze you. Excepting that, it also consists of a 16MP front punch-hole selfie-camera which extends its look.
The Realme Narzo 20 Pro comes with an ultra-smooth display of 90Hz refresh rate and 480 nits peak brightness. It’s a powerful phone and fueled up with the 4500mAH battery power for lasting up long.
One of the best traits of Narzo 20 Pro is the 65W Superdart charging support which can charge your device up to 14% in just 3 minutes. It comes in two different colours, White Knight and Black Ninja as well as two distinct variants – 6GB/64GB and 8GB/128GB starting from 14999.00 INR onwards.
Steps to Root Realme Narzo 20 Using Magisk
This guide has everything you need to Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro. You don’t have to follow different articles for Unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP recovery.
So, follow the guide until the end and make sure to apply all the steps carefully.
Don’t get confused about the title of this guide. This guide will work on Realme Narzo 20 as well as Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
- You need a PC/Laptop to execute the ADB command.
- This process will wipe all your data. So, take a complete Backup of android.
- Charge your phone up to 75% or more.
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro Original USB Cable
Note: Rooting is a complex process, so if you miss any of the below steps will end up bricking your device. So, make sure to follow all the steps carefully as shown.
We are not responsible for any loss and damage to your device. Apply the below steps with your own risk.
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader on Realme Narzo 20 Pro
- First, Go to Settings > About > Software Update > Check if any latest update is available.
- Download and install Realme Unlock tool apk on your phone.
- Open the app and Tap on “Start applying”.
- Accept the disclaimer and click on the “Submit Application” button.
- Your application will be checked by Realme server. It may take a few hours to show “unlocking is successful” message on the app.
- Open the app and tap on “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically.
- Next, you will see fast boot_unlock_verify ok string on the display.
Perform the below steps on PC/Laptop
- Download SDK Platform Tool
- Extract the downloaded zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Type “cmd” on the address bar of platform-tools folder and hit ENTER.
- Now a command window will open.
- Connect Realme Narzo 20 Pro to PC via original USB cable.
- Enter the following command to reboot into the bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Next, enter the following command to unlock bootloader on Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
fastboot flashing unlock
Press “Enter” on your keyboard
- On your phone press the Volume Up button to select “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”.
- After that, all your data will get erased and your phone will freshly bootup.
- That’s It, the bootloader on Realme Narzo 20 Pro is successfully unlocked!
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery on Realme Narzo 20 Pro
- Download TWRP Recovery for Realme Narzo 20 Pro on your PC.
- Now move the TWRP image file to the platform-tools folder.
- Rename the recovery image to twrp.img
- On your phone Enable the Developer Options
- Go to Settings > System > About Phone and then tap Build Number for six times.
- Next, Enable USB Debugging
- Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging option.
- Come to your PC and open the platform-tools folder.
- Type cmd in the address bar and hit enter.
- Poweroff your Realme Narzo 20 Pro smartphone.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode.
- Press the Volume Up + Power button until you see the fastboot screen.
- Connect your phone to PC/Laptop.
- On the command window type the following command.
adb reboot bootloader
- The above command will boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Hit Enter, this command will help you to verify whether your phone is connected successfully or not.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- The above command will flash TWRP recovery on Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
Step 3: Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro using Magisk
Now we are finally ready to flash Magisk zip file on Realme Narzo 20 Pro.
- Download Magisk.zip (Latest Version)
- Now Power off your device.
- Press the Volume Up + Power button to boot into the recovery mode.
- Under the TWRP recovery page, select Install.
- Locate the Magisk zip file and select it.
- Next, Swipe to confirm Flash.
- Once the flashing process completes tap on the Reboot system.
- That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Realme Narzo 20 Pro device.
So, in this detailed guide we have covered how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and finally, Root Realme Narzo 20 Pro using Magisk. We have covered everything in this one guide, you do not have to follow any other guide.
That being said if you found this article helpful then do share your valuable thoughts in the comments. Also, if you are stuck at any of the steps or getting errors while following the guide then do write your issues in the comments. I will see in the next guide till then keep customizing your android.