Realme 5i Specification
Realme 5i is the lite or affordable version of the entire Realme 5 series which was manufactured to provide most of the Realme 5 and 5 Pro features at the most reasonable cost. It’s a 6.52 inch larger phone comes with the powerful 5000mAH battery support which gives you the most enhanced device life and the powerful Snapdragon performance.
Realme 5i has introduced the sunrise design, which will draw an immersive view on the backside of your phone. This sleeky device will influence your class and will enhance your professionalism.
Furthermore, if you’re a movie streamer or a gamer and need a big display size for the quality and efficient view, then you can choose Realme 5i since it’s a 6.52 inch larger display smartphone that comes with IPS LCD Panel and 720 x 1600 pixels HD+ resolution. This device is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the front display side and backside plastic body.
If you’re a performance seeker and want to buy a smartphone for playing hardcore HD games, then Realme 5i will amaze you by its Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor with 2.0 GHz fastest clock speed as per the segment.
You’re also getting the Android 9(Pie) version in Realme 5i which is upgradable to Realme UI or Android 10. Moreover, you’ll also observe the smoothness of the Adreno 610 GPU processor implanted in it.
Realme 5i is housed with the 5000mAH massive battery. This mighty powerhouse is capable of furnishing you with an immersive standby life of up to 30 days.
Additionally, it’s a quad-camera smartphone built with a 12+8+2+2MP 119-degree ultra-wide lens and as well as an 8MP front-facing V-shaped HDR camera.
It’s a security powered smartphone with a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner and over ten security modules. This masterpiece is offered by Realme in two different colours – Forest Green and Aqua Blue which are starting from 10,999.00 INR.
Steps to Root Realme 5i Using Magisk
In this guide, I have shown you in detail to Root Realme 5i. You don’t have to follow different articles for Unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP recovery.
Please read the complete guide before applying the steps this will avoid confusion.
- You need a PC/Laptop to execute the ADB command.
- This method will wipe all your data. So, take a complete Backup of android.
- Charge your phone up to 75% or more.
- Realme 5i Original USB Cable.
Note: Rooting is a complex process, so if you miss any of the below steps will end up bricking your device. So, make sure to follow all the steps carefully as shown.
We are not responsible for any loss and damage to your device. Apply the below steps with your own risk.
Below we have given the download links of files that will be used in this guide. In any steps, if the particular file is asked you to download then you can come here and download it. We will update the links according to the latest build by developers.
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader on Realme 5i
- First, Go to Settings → About → Software Update → Check if any latest update is available.
- Download and install Realme Unlock tool apk on your phone.
- Open the app and Tap on “Start applying”.
- Accept the disclaimer and click on the “Submit Application” button.
- Your application will be checked by realme server. It may take a few hours to show “Review successful” message on the app.
- Open the app and tap on “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically.
- Next, you will see fast boot_unlock_verify ok string on the display.
Perform the below steps on PC/Laptop
- Download SDK Platform Tool
- Extract the downloaded zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Type “cmd” on the address bar of platform-tools folder and hit ENTER.
- Now a command window will open.
- Connect Realme 5i to PC via original USB cable.
- Enter the following command to reboot into the bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
Press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Next, enter the following command to unlock bootloader on Realme 5i.
fastboot flashing unlock
Press “Enter” on your keyboard
- On your phone press the Volume Up button to select “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”.
- After that, all your data will get erased and your phone will freshly bootup.
- That’s It, the bootloader on Realme 5i is successfully unlocked!
2.) Install Magisk Manager on Realme 5i
- Download Magisk Manager app on your phone.
- Now extract the downloaded Stock Firmware zip file.
- Copy boot.img file from the extracted folder and transfer it to your phone internal storage.
- Install Magisk Manager apk file on your device.
- Open the app and tap on INSTALL.
- Next, tap on the “Select and Patch a File” option and Locate the boot.img file.
- Wait until Magisk patches your boot.img, the patched file can be found in the Downloads folder.
- Now Copy that patched boot.img to your PC/Laptop. (The patched image will be named as magisk_patched.img)
3.) Replace the phone’s current boot image with Magisk patched image.
- Again return to Command window/PowerShell and type the following command to boot into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone boots into fastboot mode, then type the next command.
fastboot flash magisk_patched.img
- And press Enter.
- Now Reboot your Realme 5i device.
- Open Magisk Manager app and it should now show all green checks.
- That’s it you have successfully Rooted your Realme 5i smartphone.
Now you can take full advantage of your android. You can install Root apps, Magisk Modules, and many more other customizations.