After the pandemic hit, people became more concerned about their health and fitness, with an enormous boom in the fitness app market, reaching up to $3.5 billion in revenue. There cannot be a better time than now to capitalize on this thriving market. And if you want to enter into this market but don’t know how to create a fitness app, then worry not. We have got you covered.
This article will guide you to create a fitness app from scratch without any hitch.
Features of a fitness app
Before you create a fitness app, you should keep in mind the features that you should keep in a fitness app. Here are a few essential features to be kept in a workout app.
User personalization includes personal details of the user, like gender, age, weight, height, etc. This information helps you to make specific fitness plans for users of different groups. If you want to create a personal trainer fitness app, this is an important feature to add. Having personalized plans for users will make your app more trustworthy.
2. Synchronization with fitness devices
Nowadays, having a fitness band has become very common. Your app must synchronize these data from the wearables. This will help user to monitor their workout routine more effectively and easily.
3. Videos and animations
If you want to create a gym app, then you need to have videos and animations for users to see if they are doing their exercise correctly or not. This must-have feature will expand and diversify your audience.
4. Setting up personal goals
Goals are something every person sets before starting their fitness journey. You can help your users to create a personalized goal for them to achieve. Create a time period summary of these goals to help users evaluate their progress.
A time to time notification will not only make the user use your app more but also help the user to stay focused on their target. These notifications can be a reminder of daily exercise, their next meal, and other important tasks. You can add a feature to help the user create their own personalized notification reminder.
A fitness app without tracking metrics is incomplete and will not please the user. The metrics data should be graphically presented to the user in an attractive and simple way.
5 Steps to create a fitness app
Now that you know the essential features required for creating a workout app, you must be wondering how to create a workout app of your own? Well, we have some simple steps that you can follow to create your own fitness app.
1. Select the platform – First, you need to decide who you are building your app for, like you can create a personal trainer app, etc. Depending on your budget, you can go for a multi-platform and gain a much larger audience.
2. UX/UI design – You can hire developers to create the user interface for your fitness application. The UI should be simple with no data overloading. Currently, a minimalistic approach in UI is in trend. Add some creative design features to make your app more appealing.
3. TechStack – Now it is time to select the techstack you want to build your fitness app. Depending on the platform, you can go for any of the following techstack.
- Swift for iOS and Java, Kotlin for Android.
- Flutter, React Native, and Kotlin Multiplatform for cross-platform app development.
4. Test the app- After the app is finally built, you can start testing to see if every function works perfectly. Make sure your app is bug-free and runs smoothly before the release. Once everything looks fine, you can release your app to mobile stores.
5. After release- Now that your app is available for the public, you need to analyze the data of how your app is doing in terms of numbers. Google Analytics and other tools will help you with this. Check for user feedback and reviews. Keep updating your app with regular improvements in terms of app performance and new features.
How to monetize your app?
You can monetize your app like any other app. You can have a subscription-based fee or one-time payment, sponsors, in-app ads. If your app has grown in the audience, you can launch your own workout equipment and merchandise as well.
Hope the article was helpful to you. Today, we learned how to create a fitness app. Once you start to build the app, things will start to make more sense, and you will have more ideas in your mind. All The Best!!!